A state-of-the-art quartz manufacturing company, located in Sealy, TX, comprised of enthusiastic, passionate team members, with the belief that if you give 100% effort, you will grow and you will succeed.
About The Job:
The Production Manager is responsible for ensuring that safety and culture are of most importance, while developing and training your team to perform at their best daily. You would empower them to make decisions and own their respective areas, while continuously improving the process to exceed quality, efficiency, and cost objectives and goals. Most of all… have fun while making the best quartz in the USA!
What You Will Do:
- Manage, develop, and motivate a production team.
- Ensure that production schedules are met, and quality standards are maintained.
- Troubleshoot production problems and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Implement and maintain 5S, standard work, and lean manufacturing principles.
- Collaborate with other departments to improve manufacturing processes, resolve technical issues and to meet company goals and objectives.
- Facilitate team behavior-based safety and participate in safety committee, daily audits, and condition repair.
- Develop, implement, and maintain safe work practices.
- Provide technical expertise and coaching to resolve production process issues.
- Identify and drive areas for recovery improvement, waste reduction and efficiency improvement.
- Monitor and control production costs to maintain profitability.
- Monitor operators to enhance productivity, effectiveness, and efficiencies.
- Continuously review, train, and communicate direct reports’ performance and set paths for career milestones.
- Review facility performance, lead root cause analysis and create corrective action plans.
- Participate in product and equipment investigations, report and investigate non-conformities.
- Bachelor’s degree in machinery/ material/ mechanical/ chemical/ industrial engineering/ business management or another relatable field OR equivalent experience in a manufacturing/ industrial plant or similar industry.
- 3 + years supervisory/operations experience. Strong technical background in manufacturing industry is preferred.